Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Peony Gift-Wrapping

Opening a gift is a little party in itself, well to me it is, specially if the gift is nicely wrapped!

I came across the cutest new born gift; a small activity garland for carseat or stroller. It is too bad my daughters are bigger now, I would have loved to have this in my car!  I found this beauty at Saartje Prum! http://www.saartjeprum.nl/

I packed the gift in a box and added a big pink peony flower made out of tissue paper. 


Cute looking gift, quite easy to do. Here is how I did it:
First you make the peony.

  1. You need tissue paper, scissors, some ribbon, pipecleaner, glue (I am a big fan of my glue gun). The box is packaging for food - take-out anyone? :-) No worries, it has never been used! a friend bought whole stacks once for a party...I did not use the tape or the paper punch
  2. Cut squares out of the tissue paper and stack them. If you also use two colors, make sure you alternate the sheets. For this flower I used 8 squares
  3. cut leaf shapes out of the green paper
  4. fold the stacked squares like an accordeon
  5. bind together in the middle with the pipecleaner
  6. cut the end to create the flower petals
  7. fold the sheets back gently one at a time
  8. Voila! Pretty Peony!
Pack the gift in some extra tissue paper for an extra pop of color and place in the box



Glue the leafs and flower on top of the box.


Add the ribbon for the finishing touch and you are Ready-to-Party!
Happy Gift-Giving!
Love, B


No comments:

Post a Comment